// Här kommer jag, Cara. Blev inspirerad av dessa donnor att färga ögonbrynen. Så himla nice.
How my grandmother could inspire me decades later
A photo of me and my grandmother back when she was turning 80!
Blogging on itgirls means participating in a blog contest and this time to tell about our female role models. My role model is definitely my grandmother…
Follow this link to read the hole post!
My new blog is called Made of Things!
// En bild på mig och min mormor.
Min kära underbara mormor banade vägen för mig för många många år sen. Strax över tretti, efter att ha fått tre barn, sökte hon sig in i yrkeslivet för att arbeta som sekreterare. Ett par år senare …
Läs hela inlägget här!
Min nya blogg heter Made of Things och finns på itgirls.
This is an amazing song from a really good band, The Cure. So Goth, so poetic, so epic. The video is also cool and kind of creepy:
on candystripe legs spiderman comes
softly through the shadow of the evening sun
stealing past the windows of the blissfully dead
looking for the victim shivering in bed
searching out fear in the gathering gloom and
suddenly! a movement in the corner of the
room! and there is nothing i can do when i
realise with freight that the spiderman is having
me for dinner tonight
quietly he laughs and shaking his head creeps
closer now closer to the foot of the bed and
softer than shadow and quicker than flies his
arms are all around me and his tongue in my
eyes “be still be calm be quiet now my precious
boy don’t struggle like that or i will only love
you more for it’s much too late to get away or
turn on the light the spiderman is having you
for dinner tonight”
and i feel like i’m being eaten by a thousand
million shivering furry holes and i know that in
the morning i will wake up in the shivering cold
and the spiderman is always hungry…
Lana Del Rey – Summertime Sadness
Just a wonderful song of a cool artist. Love her deep dark voice 🙂 and of course the sadness.
No, I don’t present you the latest artists. My main focus is being on the other side, I’m focusing on producing music. But of course I need the input and some artists are very inspiring.
Kiss me hard before you go
I just wanted you to know
That, baby, you’re the best
I got my red dress on tonight
Dancing in the dark in the pale moonlight
Done my hair up real big beauty queen style
High heels off, I’m feeling alive
Oh, my God, I feel it in the air
Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare
Honey, I’m on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothing scares me anymore
// Lana Del Rey- Summertime sadness.
Djup röst och melankoli, kan det bli bättre? Nej, trodde inte det 🙂
Inget nytt men mitt fokus är att producera inte konsumera. Och inspiration behövs ju där också.
I got nominated for the very inspiring blogger award! Wiiii!
The blogger who nominated me is Jaanethough, blogging about lifestyle, beauty, musings. You can read her post about the inspiring blog award here. And don’t forget to follow Jaane who combines beauty with no animal cruelty, shouldn’t we all?
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add their link to your blog
2. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate other bloggers.
5. Contact your nominees and provide a link to your post.
6. Display the award logo (button) on your blog, whether on your sidebar or about page, or special award page.
So here are the seven things about me:
- Music is my passion and it makes me feel good, I love to write music, perform and record. I play solo and also with a duo, Edenroad! Let me know if you check it out and what you think.
- I started blogging 2013 because I wanted to share my thoughts on environment, help myself and others to a sustainable living and promote second hand!
- I started my solo band Sadness Theory 2008 together with my then boyfriend and now husband, Magnus, the love of my life!
- Music has set off a lot of other interests such as programming, photo and video editing, photography and so on!
- I’m now studying to be a programmer-full time nerd- and it’s very rewarding.
- I love those little fluffy creatures such as cats and dogs, but have allergy to them 😦
- I already have a bachelor, in social science.
And I nominate:
// Ett nytt blogg-pris (hurra!) från bloggaren Jaanethough! Och givetvis har jag listat 7 fakta om mig som så bör och därefter nominerat vidare ett par andra bloggare.
I am a thankful and happy receiver of the
SUNSHINE AWARD – POSITIVELY AND CREATIVELY INSPIRING ME!
So, I’m almost shaking when I’m about to receive the award, it’s my first blogger award…But before I get up on stage to give my “thank you” speech, I want to start by presenting The Write Might, who nominated my for the Sunshine award!
The Write Might is a versatile blog and I would like to recommend some of his blog posts:
– The museum of glass, contains a lot of cool pictures.
– The Breakers, Rhode Island.
– Buildings of New York City, also amazing pictures.
So, once again thank you for this award. It would not be possible without you fellow bloggers and of course my readers and friends. And I would also want to thank my family, specially my mom that always shares my posts on Facebook. LOVE!
And then, I wipe my cheeks from my almost tearing up eyes (thank God I don’t use mascara no more!) and give you 10 facts about myself before passing the honor to 10 positively and creatively inspiring me blogs that I will nominate for the sunshine award!
1. Originally half-Greek, half-Swedish I live in Uppsala, Sweden and keep mostly in touch with my inner Swede.
2. I started with music as an adult and I am a self-learned guitarist and pianist.
3. I am a social worker and I have worked as a research analyst in the public sector.
4. Currently I am shifting career to computer science by first studying math to the needed level.
5. I perform my music as Sadness Theory, and all the music is self-composed. That’s from where the blog is named and I write about many things from an eco-friendly perspective.
6. I have written more than 40 songs (probably more than 50 but who counts?). So no, I don’t know them by heart!
7. I have one sister and she’s one of the nominees, because she’s awesome.
8. I’m married to the love of my life, Magnus ❤ .
9. I just so much hate pink, the color, so I banned it from my clothes.
10. I’m a no-poo, I don’t use shampoo. Check my posts in the blog to learn more.
And ta-da, the nominees are:
– Sofia in Sofiawise. Travelling, reflections, life and photos.
– Mary and her adventures in Along Comes Mary!
– Steph, my partner in crime on flea market events, blog.
– This Crazy Guy In Thailand, when Swede goes Thailand, it goes crazy.
– With passion for fashion, Maddy B.
– A green lizard!
– Swedish librarian for the right of libraries in schools!
– Miss Cool, Miss Lou!
– Swedish comic, a children’s book for adults, Vuxna Tomas!
-This amazing photo blog, Kerlund photo.
Thank you all for the inspiration and I hope you will accept my award to you!
//Sunshine award: Nominerad av bloggaren The Write Might för att vara en positiv och kreativ inspirationskälla. Hur glad blir man inte av att höra detta? Självklart antar jag utmaningen och tackar bloggaren för att sedan berätta: 10 fakta om mig själv och nominera 10 bloggare. Följ länkarna i den engelska texten ovan!
Well, this blog is also totally about my inspiration for my own music. And how can I not write something about those amazing artists out there that I totally adore? Like Tori Amos!
My favorite lyrics from the song Blood Roses (scroll down for the video):
Can’t forget the things you never said
On days like these starts me thinking
When chickens get a taste of your meat girl
Chickens get a taste of your meat yes
You gave him you blood
And your warm little diamond
He likes killing you after you’re dead
You think I’m a queer
I think you’re a queer …
I chose this song just because it’s only her and the piano.When I recorded my music for my album I had a hard time finding reference music that had few instruments but ofcourse Tori Amos have had those types of albums. When I have referenced to her as an inspirational source I have heard that the inspiration also comes through in my music which for me is a huge statement I am truly happy for!
// Tori Amos är verkligen en artist som inspirerat mig mycket och vars musik tilltalar mig. Musiken är i vissa album avskalad vilket har varit en bra resurs när jag spelade in mitt album. Jag har också fått höra att det hörs att jag har hennes musik som inspiration vilket såklart är mycket glädjande.
Texten är från hennes låt som syns i videon, Blood roses.
Thank you toriamosrules1 for the video!